Simple and tasty potato casserole recipe.
Stuffed Potato Casserole
- 25 oz Hash Browns
- 1 Onion
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Cup Cottage Cheese
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheese
- pinch Cayenne Pepper
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Cup Cornflakes optional
- 1 Cup Bacon Pieces optional, cooked
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix casserole ingredients together and pour into 9x13 pan.
- Sprinkle toppings if any, and cook for 45 minutes.
This is a recipe that I got from my aunt many years ago, and it quickly became one of my favorites. It goes exceptionally well with kalbi steak and bourbon chicken. The flavors and textures combine even better than regular mashed potatoes and steak.
Originally the recipe calls for cornflakes. While I like the texture, I feel like it doesn’t add enough flavor or texture buy it for just this recipe unless it is made often. The bacon was an addition by my dad that serves the same crunchy texture and adds even more flavor.
This recipe is easy to make, just takes a bit of mixing.