Easy recipe for stuffed peppers. Goes excellently topped with this.
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 lb Ground Sausage
- 1 Onion
- 16 oz Cauliflower Pearls
- 7 Bell Peppers
- 5 cloves Roasted Garlic
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 cup Shredded Cheese
- 1/4 cup Green Onion optional
- Cut onions and cook on low for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add seasoning and brown both meats. Drain the liquid.
- Microwave the cauliflower as listed on the bag. Strain as much as possible.
- Cut the peppers in half along the core and remove innards.
- Mix the cauliflower, meats, onion, and garlic together.
- Fill the peppers and cook for 25-30 minutes.
- Top with cheese and put it back in for 5 minutes until the cheese is melted. Broil if necessary.
- Garnish the dish with a topping of green onions.
I’m not a huge fan of peppers, but when I made this I thought it was really good. The peppers had a nice slightly soft but crisp texture. If you wanted them softer, just leave them in the oven for longer without putting in the filling. This is a recipe that you can do so much with, changing so many ingredients without having to worry since it is a filling and a shell.
You can also leave the peppers whole and just stuff them from the top. This will most likely make the cooking take a bit longer, especially if you do not precook the veggies stuffed inside.
Be sure to strain the cauliflower as much as you can! I didn’t even think about it and when I cut open the pepper when it was done, it leaked everywhere. This applies to any and all ingredients you add, especially the veggies and “grains”.
My wife thought it could use more seasoning or some sort of sauce to pair with the end product, and I agree.