Tasty substitute for a bun-less burger.
Onion Ring Patties
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1/2 lb Sausage
- 1 Onion
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheese
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 5 cloves Roasted Garlic optional
- 1 Egg
- 6 Tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 4 Tbsp Flax Seed Meal
- 2 Tbsp Almond Flour
- 2 Egg
- 6 Tbsp Almond Flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut out some onion rings for the outside lining. Dice the rest.
- Combine all the ingredients and stuff the onion rings so they are flat.
- Chill the patties for 15 minutes
- Prepare breading station by mixing the breading and stirring the egg wash.
- Take the patties through the stations: flour, egg wash, breading.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes
I had some difficulties keeping the onion with the meat while breading them, but that may have been due to not chilling the onions with the meat.
I only used half of the remaining onion and no seasoning but it still tasted really good.
This was my first time trying the keto breading. While it worked well, it did not seem to stick well to the patty. Maybe leaving off the initial almond flour and just doing the breading with the egg wash would work better.
An idea I have for it is to do them individually wrapped and add some butter, making them super savory.