Keto ham and swiss quiche.
- 1 1/4 cup Almond Flour
- 3/4 cup Shredded Cheese
- 4 Tbsp Butter Melted
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 Eggs
- 4 oz Ham Cubed
- 1/4 cup Swiss Cheese Grated
- 4 Eggs
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg
- Cayenne Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the crust portion together and spread into pie pan. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir and re-spread, making sure to go up the sides.
- Put in the solid filling, spreading it evenly.Whisk the liquid filling together and pour over the solid filling.
- Cook at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.Turn down oven to 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
This recipe is fairly simple to make and does not have any really difficult steps, though there are a lot of ingredients.
When I make this in my pie pan, the filling almost completely fills the pan up and makes it very difficult to move to the oven. It will puff up a bit while cooking. The crust is not finished cooking/rising when the filling is added and the egg mixture forms a dome in the middle. I have not had a spilling issue yet and I have made it several times.
Keep that in mind if you wanted to add ingredients to the filling. I usually add extra swiss because my wife absolutely loves cheese. You can add some gruyere cheese for extra flavor.
I have not yet experimented with other solid fillings, but I’m pretty sure that most notable flavor combinations would do well.
This was made from a flat transition from a recipe my mother in law had for the quiche and a biscuit recipe I found online.