Fantastic everything bagel recipe for those sticking to keto.
- 1 1/4 cups Almond Flour
- 3/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 3 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 2.5 oz Cream Cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 2-4 Tbsp Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together dry mix.
- Put shredded mozzarella and cream cheese into a bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Stir and put back in for another 30 seconds. Stir and put back in for another 30 seconds. Stir again.
- Mix the eggs with both the dry mix and the melted cheeses in a large bowl.
- Put mix onto wax paper and knead until all of the dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Roll into a cylinder and cut into 6 equal pieces.
- Place on baking sheet and coat in melted butter.
- Sprinkle the bagel seasoning and a pinch of parmesan cheese over the top.
- Bake for 18 mins.
Mixing everything together seems to be the hardest part for me, and I have yet to figure out a good way. It just doesn’t seem to combine together easily and so it takes lots of stirring and kneading to get the job done. It really helps when the cheeses are more melty, but then its harder to knead due to the heat.
The dry mix being put together first is important due to the speed at which you want to mix everything together. If you wait for the cheeses to cool down, it makes it much harder to combine.
This recipe took quite a few tries to get it how my wife and I wanted it. She loves her everything bagels, though she prefers them without the hole in the middle so they can be cut in half (lengthwise) easier. So that’s how I cook them. If you want holes in them, add them before buttering them up. If you do this, keep in mind that the dough will expand inward as well as out.