While I’ve never had homemade alfredo sauce before making this, I thought it was amazing. It freezes fairly well too.
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 1/2 Cups Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- Other Spices
- On Medium-High heat, melt the butter with the garlic.
- After a minute or two, when the garlic is darkening and making divots in the melted butter, add in the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook for 6-8 minutes until everything is melted and starts smelling like alfredo.
- Remove from heat and enjoy.
The spices I added, I added in small amounts and so I’m unsure if they did anything. I added Italian seasoning, some nutmeg, sage, coriander, and ginger.
I made this previously with half the cream cheese and it was quite similar, just a bit thinner.
There are many things you can use the sauce for, on my list is:
Alfredo pizza, chicken alfredo, alfredo biscuits, and alfredo rolls. Also usable as a sauce for something like a philly cheesesteak.